Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My 30th Birthday

I'm a bit behind again, like usual...oops.

I turned the big 3-0 last weekend. It wasn't really a huge deal to me. I'm 30 now, another year older...it happens.

Scott planned a really nice day for us, unfortunately plans were changed because of the rainy weather but we still had a great time.

He had planned a picnic at the park and invited some of our friends to join us. Since the rain made it impossible to be at the park, Mindy and her kids and Heidi managed to come over to our place and we had a great visit. We even treated the kids to an indoor picnic.

Not the greatest picture, but a shot of the "big" kids having their picnic. Bella insisted on being under the "picnic" blanket.

Emma looking rather comfy.

William, after thoroughly enjoying his meal.

And Jacob...wearing most of his food.

The "little" kids playing.

Once the rain had stopped, Scott graciously took the bigger kids outside to play.

I thought that this was a cool one of the three of them.

Playing in the sandbox...

...and the water table!

A few days before my birthday, Scott announced that he had an idea of what to make for my birthday dinner but that he wasn't sure if he could pull it off. When I inquired a bit further, I learned that he hoped to make lobster. I let him know that it sounded great that I would be of no help to him since I had never cooked lobster.

He stuck to his plan and made me a great birthday dinner that night after we put the boys to bed.

The pot

The unsuspecting lobsters

About to meet his demise!

(So I had hoped and planned to have more pictures of the live lobsters, but to be honest, it freaked me out WAY too much...so you'll just have to imagine).

Both cooking in the pot.

Fully cooked

Scott on the other hand was not freaked out about the lobsters.

The nicely set table.

A yummy lobster dinner!

It was a great meal, I really enjoyed it. And while I do plan to have lobster again in the future, it probably won't be made in my own kitchen...something about them be alive and dead and then eaten all in an evening is too much for me to handle!

Riann and Daine visited on Sunday and brought a yummy ice cream cake to celebrate my milestone.

Mmmm, gotta love DQ.

It was a great birthday!

2 comments:

Dad said...

A GREAT celebration, congratulations

grandma said...

Way to go, Scott!! What a fun guy you are! Congrats on a great day to you both!