Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day and Other Odds and Ends

My mom came over for Mother's Day on the weekend. We had planned to have a nice brunch here at the house and then she and I were going to go to St. Jacob's to stroll through the village and check out all the shops.

The weather had been so nice leading up that I was really looking forward to going to St. Jacob's and was hoping to get some nice pics of the boys with my mom and I.

Well, those plans didn't exactly work out. First, Logan got the flu on Friday. He was pretty sick on Friday and Saturday but I was hoping that he'd at least be up to having some pics taken on Sunday. No such luck. Even though he wasn't physically sick anymore, he was tired and mopy and whiny.

Scott dressed him for brunch...

And this was the best/only pic we got of him.

He did sit at the table with us and ate a few grapes and strawberries, but he certainly wasn't himself. We quickly changed him back into his pjs and he spent the rest of the day napping and watching TV.

Brunch however, was AWESOME. We had...

Orange Pecan French Toast

A potato casserole and spinach salad.

Mom and I left sick little Logan and Jacob at home and headed to St. Jacob's. It was a great afternoon but certainly not warm and sunny like we had hoped it would be! When we came back home we had some more food to finish off the day.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to take the pictures sometime soon.

Here are some pictures I snapped of the boys one morning last week.

I have no clue what happened to the exersaucer, but Jacob keeps sinking down in it.

Logan got all this stuff on and said "Bye Mommy, I'm going to the store to buy carrots".

Happy boy in the sunshine.

Both the boys in a neat shot.




1 comment:

aunt Pamela said...

i still LOVE the "i'm going to the mall to buy carrots" quote. it's one of the best.

:)