Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Gorgeous Day in Lake Louise

After the first day we were visiting Pamela didn't have the greatest weather, we certainly lucked out after that. The temperatures rose and the weather was awesome!

I took this picture from the window in our room. The lake was so still that morning.

One of the things that I wanted to do when we were away was to go canoeing on the lake. When Scott and I visited last year, the lake was still frozen, so we didn't get this chance. This time I certainly lucked out since not only was the lake thawed, the weather was great.

My mom took the boys for lunch and Pamela and I boarded a canoe and set out.

Taken from the canoe.

A view of the hotel from the water.


Me, the hotel and the mountains.

It doesn't get much better than this!

Pamela and her old home in the background.

From the other side.

It's pretty hard to capture the actual colour of the lake.

Moving through the water.

Pamela's footprints.

After our canoe adventure.

Pamela and I headed up to the room and I put the kids down for a nap and headed downstairs with my mom for afternoon tea.

Mom with our lunch. Tasty scones, little sandwiches and scrumptious desserts!

The view from our table.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

hey rachel,
even though i was there for all of this i am enjoying your blogs still! i like hearing your reactions to the mountains and the lake. it made me a bit sad the picture of me with CLL in the back where it says "Pamela and her old home".
also, i like the new design to your blog, don't know what i'd do without this!!
xoxoxo

grandma said...

Nice new design - I too was there and still love the blog!