Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Exploring the Children's Museum with Daddy

On Friday I had made plans to meet up with a friend that I met online. Her daughter was born in September, like Jacob and we have been chatting since early in our pregnancies. She suggested that we meet up at the Children's Museum in Winnipeg since there would be lots to do for Logan and we would get a chance to chat.

Since Scott wasn't bowling Friday morning, he also met us at the museum. Logan (and Jacob) were very happy to see daddy!

Logan reading book with Grandma in the hotel room.

Jacob hanging out in the room.

(I just realized I didn't take any pictures of Scott, but I promise, he was there!)

There was an old train that Logan and Scott explored the inside of.

A piano that Logan found to play.

Carefully turning the pages of music.

One of Logan's favourite things to do; play with water!

A cool digger that he got to try out. (Oh! And there's Scott!)

Concentrating on digging in the stones.

Daddy showing him how it works!

Jacob got in on the action and tried out the train table.

My friend's daughter, Teagan. She is just a couple of weeks younger than Jacob.

All three kids checking out the trains.

Jacob again.

Little cuties.

Logan trying out the slide.

Jacob trying out a snack.

It was awesome to meet Lyndsay and Teagan and to spend some time with Scott. We had lunch together and then drove Scott back to his hotel since he had to catch the shuttle to bowl in the afternoon. Unfortunately, the boys fell asleep in the car on the way from Scott's hotel to ours and wouldn't go back to sleep. So they didn't really get more than about 20 mins of naps which led to a long afternoon!

We did head out to the bowling alley and had a great supper and got to watch Scott and his team bowl a couple of games. Logan liked cheering along with all the other fans!

5 comments:

Scott said...

Umm Hunnie in that last picture, I am pretty sure that is Jacob tring a snack not Logan

Rachel said...

So the first and only time you've commented on my blog was to tell me I made a mistake? Thanks. :P

It's fixed now...I should just start calling them Kid 1 and Kid 2...haha.

scott said...

You are soooooo funny almost as funny as Pamela...lol

Sarah (Creen) Benn said...

I loved Children's museums as a kid, my Dad and I went to many. So fun to interact with stuff. The best one was Science North in Sudbury.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Rachel! Glad we could meet up with you guys too, hopefully you'll make it back around these parts again one day :)

Lyndsay & Teagan