Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thanksgiving Monday

On Monday, we got up bright and early and head to the Oktoberfest parade. We left the house around 7:45am; I figure this is the earliest I have left the house in a year! I get up before this but never leave the house this early...I think the earliest I've ever been out was when we had swimming lessons and had to leave at 8:30am. I'm in for a rude awakening when I start work.

Anyways, the parade was great. It was a beautiful morning and even Logan enjoyed himself for the whole 2 hours. There were lots of bands and different floats. I didn't take too many pictures...we've all been to a parade before.

Waiting for the parade to begin
Where we were sitting

After the parade, we headed home and Logan took a nice long nap before we headed out to Scott's mom and dad's for Thanksgiving dinner. It was nice enough to spend most of the afternoon in the backyard which is a nice treat for October.

Today Logan and I walked to my polling station and I voted. My friend Sarah and her daughter Mia stopped by for a visit this afternoon. Logan slept through most of the visit but I enjoyed catching up with Sarah.

Logan's birthday is coming up on Friday...I can't believe how quickly the year has gone. Today I was remembering how I enjoyed my 1 day off work before he was born....it seems like yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes it seems like yesterday, I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday :)