Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Getting Ready for Back to Work

Since I return to work on Monday, this week Logan has been visiting his daycare everyday in an attempt to get used to it. Last Thursday I dropped him off in the morning and he spent a couple of hours playing before lunch. The report was that he did really well and didn't really fuss at all, just looked around for me quite a bit. On Tuesday (so yesterday), he started crying almost as soon as we walked into the house. He was crying a lot when I left and carried on crying and whining for about an hour. I guess he remembered from the week before what had happened. He didn't eat anything and was pretty miserable.

Today we dropped him off after music class (so in time for lunch) and picked him up later in the afternoon. He cried when we left again but didn't carry on crying for very long. He ate lunch, had a 1.5 hour nap (which is a very successful nap for us) and then was ok for the rest of the afternoon. He wanted to be held a lot by Sherry (our daycare provider) but she said that is expected, she seemed really happy and optimistic by how he did today. Tomorrow he'll be there for a good part of the day, so we'll see how it goes.

What have I been doing when he's been away? Having showers (without someone opening the shower curtain) and blow drying my hair...haha. Today Scott took the day off work so he came to music class with us and then him and I went out for lunch and shopping for work clothes for me. I was in pretty desperate need of some clothes and Logan isn't very good company for that type of shopping. And hey, leaving Logan at daycare and going back to work is not something I'm super excited about so a little retail therapy will hopefully help to ease the anxiety!

When not "practicing" at daycare, we've just been hanging out at home, enjoying our time together.
Here is Logan trying out his new birthday wagon. It's been pretty cold and gross outside so we just pull him around the house in it, he loves it.

When I'm making supper at night, I open the door so that Logan can see when Scott is coming home from work. Earlier this week he figured out that the door knocker makes noise.

Here's my serious little guy figuring out how the door on the wagon works. Seriously, the wagon has provided so much entertainment and we haven't even taken it outside yet.

Another one of Logan's new skills is climbing into his toy chest, he's pretty proud.

Since the weather has been so cold and yucky out, our fireplace has been running quite a bit. The cats love the fireplace and being really close to it. Here's a rare sight of Sigmund and Peanut sharing the back of the chair so that they can soak up more of the heat.


No comments: