Friday, October 24, 2008

Fall Days

Well as my days as a stay-at-home mom (SAHM) near the end, so does the nice weather. This week has been cold, damp and all around gross. Logan and I managed to get outside a little bit but for a guy who isn't walking, crawling around on the cold ground isn't much fun. Plus, he really doesn't like being bundled up...so inside time is at a maximum.

Last Saturday (when the weather was still nice) we took Logan to Victoria Park to play at the playground. It took him a while to start crawling around since he was so distracted by the other kids but once he did, he was excited to explore the play structure.

Crawling through the tunnel
Peek-a-boo!
"Can I eat these wood chips?"

When it was a bit nicer earlier in the week, I cut down some of our plants that have been taken by the frost, Logan was outside "helping" me. He pulled all the dead plants out of the container I put them in and crawled THROUGH the gardens.

Once we moved inside, he "helped" me make dinner.

He picked out the sauce that he wanted...

On Thursday, we began Logan's transition to daycare. I took him in the morning and dropped him off at Sherry's where he stayed without me for a couple of hours. When I returned to pick him up, I found that he did much better than I did during our separation. I knew he would do ok, it was nice to hear the reassurance. Sherry (his daycare provider) said that he looked for me a few times and was beginning to get upset just before I returned to pick him up.

Next week he'll be there for various hours on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. It'll be quite a change for him (and me) but I he'll get used to it after some time...and so will I. I'll keep you posted on the transition but prayers that it will go smoothly would be appreciated.

Here he is all dressed up for his first trip to daycare...little did he know what he was in for.

This blog is mostly about Logan but we have noticed quite a change in our cats over the last year as well. It's been a big adjustment having Logan around and as he changes (and his ability to chase them improves) they continue to change as well. Sigmund has definitely become a bit more friendly and tends to come out when there are crowds (something she never used to do). She even seems to play a bit more. Here's a cute picture of her playing with Logan's balloon this week, she was trying to lie on it.

No comments: