Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New Hamburg Fall Fair

Logan has been singing "Old MacDonald" a lot lately. SO I thought it would be good to get him to a fall fair to see some farm animals in real life. The New Hamburg fair was on this weekend so I thought it would be a perfect opportunity.

I've been to a lot of fall fairs. Growing up, I was in 4H and showed my sheep yearly in the fall fair circuit. My mom actually mentioned to me that she had been to the New Hamburg fair before and that it certainly wasn't the greatest of fairs. Ok, that's alright, I thought. Just so long as we see some animals.

You'll notice in the pictures, there are no animals. We saw some cows as the 4H kids were showing them. We saw 4 sheep and some horses. Nothing else. Logan really wanted to see pigs, he talked about it the whole way there.

Conclusion? Mom was right. The New Hamburg fair is nothing to write home about...especially for a "fall fair veteran". We'll choose a different fair next year.

Nonetheless...I did take SOME pictures.


Once he saw the rides, he'd forgotten about the lack of pigs.

Mr. Serious, driving a car.

I sent Scott on the carousel alone so that I could take pictures since it was Jacob's first time.

See how well it's going? Jacob was freaking out and trying to get off.

Holding on for dear life.

Not exactly the best 1st merry-go-round experience. We'll try again next year.

On the motorcycle...just like Grandpa, as Logan said.

1 comment:

grandma said...

I think Paris has a good fair. :) I like the one of Logan copying Grandpa!