Monday, September 6, 2010

Jacob's 1st Birthday Party

A week before his actual birthday, we threw Jacob's 1st birthday party yesterday. We had our families come over and join us in celebrating his first year! The weather didn't cooperate so we were stuck inside but we had a yummy lunch, some great cakes and lots of laughs. As usual, I'll let the pictures tell the story.

Posing for a few pics in his party clothes before the guests arrived.

"Hey! Check out my cool shoes!"

A decent picture of the two of them together.

Logan was pretty excited about the party.

A standing pose.

With his party hat.

Opening some gifts with help from Daddy and Logan.

One from Aunt Pamela that she sent in the mail.

Cousin Joel joined in on the party fun.

I made Jacob his own cake to smash up, here he is checking out the candle.

Logan helped to blow out the candle.

He did a great job on the cake.

He ate a good chunk before smearing it in his hair; at which point I decided he was done. :)

"Are you sure I'm allowed to do this?"

The cake for everyone else.

Cupcakes decorated by Logan.

More gift opening.

Logan testing out Jacob's new piano.

No birthday would be complete without some power tools to put together new toys.

We were so lucky to be able to have so many members of our families here with us to celebrate. Just a few more days and the little guy will actually turn 1 year old!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

I really wish I could have been there!! Looks like you had a great time, and I love all the pictures!!!

grandma said...

I owuld love a copy of the first pic and the one of the boys together.