Friday, July 30, 2010

Our Week

So you can be pretty sure when the blog is quite quiet that we really haven't been up to much. This is very true of the past week. The weather has been so awesome. Warm but not sweltering hot. Logan and I have spent each morning outside during Jacob's nap. Sometimes all we did was sit on the porch, eat a snack and watch the cars, he loves it!

Since there's not much to say, I'll just post some random pictures from the week. Admit it, that's all you really want to see anyways!

We had some leftover corn from our BBQ on the weekend so I enlisted Logan's help to husk it. He looks like he's concentrating quite hard!

Jacob munched on Logan's rejected apple. His chubby little fingers are so cute.

Clearly he's not that happy but it's the best shot of his new, little tooth.

We bought some new ottomans for the living room to store toys and stuff in. Jacob has found that they are great for pushing around and walking behind.

We went to the last "Tooney Tuesday" of the summer. See Logan in the centre of the picture with the blue and white striped shirt?

Realizing that the paparazzi has spotted him!

Might as well pose!

Yesterday we went to the park with our neighbours. Logan's pretty cute and always refers to them as "my friends". Nolan is 4, Olivia is almost 2, and Emily is about one month younger than Jacob. The kids play pretty well together and it's nice for their mom and myself to chat too. We spent more time than usually chasing them at the park yesterday. Usually they are fine on their own, but not yesterday, so I didn't get many pictures.

Logan and Olivia

Eating some applesauce...this picture explains why Logan was covered in it when they were done and Olivia was nice and clean.

Likely checking out an ant...these kids are bug obsessed.

This picture is unfortunately pretty dark but I love how they are looking at each other here.

Jacob has been suffering from some separation anxiety lately. It's pretty bad. Most of the time he doesn't even want me to put him down; I hope this stage ends soon. Because of this he's been hanging out in the kitchen with me while I make lunch (he used to play downstairs with Logan). I usually give him a few puffs to munch on and go about making lunch. Today I gave him his puffs and the puffs container to play with so when he was making noise, I thought he was shaking the container. When I looked down, I quickly realized that it wasn't the container...

But the cat food..oops. (I had time to run and grab my camera and take a few pictures before telling him this was not an activity that he would continue).

Notice the pieces of food attached to drool coming out of his mouth? Yum.

Sigh. He thought it was great fun. The cats and I however were less than impressed.

That's all I've got for today, perhaps our weekend will be more exciting to blog about.

2 comments:

grandma said...

I just love your blog, comments and pictures both!!! I was so laughing at Jacob and the cat food. So funny!

grandma said...

By the way, I so need a copy of that pic with Jacob's tongue out and his hand in the cat bowl.