Sunday, July 18, 2010

Beach, Music and Fun at Home

Last weekend we decided to check out Laurel Creek Conservation Area. I used to go to the beach a lot before I met Scott and especially before we had kids. Since Logan was born it just hasn't seemed that easy to pack them up and take them. Laurel Creek is really close to our house so even if we didn't stay long it wouldn't have been a far drive.

My three guys in the water.

Logan is getting so comfortable in the water.

Playing with a new friend.

He's actually getting chubby!

Enjoying a picnic lunch before heading home.

I found out about a free kids even that happens on Tuesday nights at City Hall in Kitchener. We checked it out last week for the first time. There was a children's entertainer who sang lots of fun songs and another guy who worked with puppets. We'll definitely be going back!

Logan listening intently. (That's him in the orange shirt and backward hat).

Jacob and daddy checking out the music from afar.

We didn't do much else through the week last week. The kids and I hung out at home and went for walks to nearby parks but otherwise we just played at home.

I find the last half hour of the day VERY long. From about 5pm until Scott gets home around 5:30pm I'm trying to get supper on the table and the kids are typically getting tired and hungry. I found out this week that I can put them on the front porch with a bunch of books and they'll happily sit there and read until Scott gets home! It's great. They are entertained and safe and I can get supper ready! (They look pretty cute I think too!)

1 comment:

grandma said...

Great blog! My grandboys are so cute. I love it that they like music!