Sunday, July 11, 2010

Catch Up Post

I've got some odds and ends of pictures to post from the last little while; I'm just going to throw them all into one post for you!

Last week we were melting here at home so we went to my mom and dad's for a couple nights for a break from the heat. The boys and I spent the days inside in the AC and then enjoyed the pool in the evenings when Scott arrived from work. I really appreciated having somewhere to take them that wasn't quite as hot. And I know that Logan enjoyed the extra time with his Bubba. :)

Working hard on a paint-with-water picture. (Yes, he's wearing a bib. He was drooling like CRAZY for some reason...)

Before we headed there for heat reasons, mom and I had already arranged to go to Toronto on Thursday as CBC Kids was putting on a big show for a few hours that day. We arrived shortly after 10am to check things out. We knew that the Doodlebops were performing at noon which was something that we definitely wanted to see.

Logan on my mom's shoulders. There were a lot of people there!

Helping out Bo in the BoZone!

Logan and the treehouse from Mr. Dressup!

Some other CBC memorabilia.

Meeting Bo!

Going in for a hug.

So the whole thing took place in the atrium of the CBC building. It was spacious but certainly not huge and there were a lot of people around. Around 11am (an hour before the Doodlebops appearance) we thought we better get a seat so Logan would be able to see. I headed off to feed Jacob and mom went and sat down with Logan and then we switched a while later.

Logan in his little space. Seriously, there were a lot of kids. I took this picture sitting just behind him with the camera zoomed out as far as possible, we were squished. Once the Doodlebops came on, the kids stood up and I stayed sitting...yikes.

A cool view of the building from my vantage point.

And then it began. Logan was so excited. He was standing with all the other kids dancing and clapping, it was great.

Moe and Deedee

The Doodlebops

It was well worth the drive, the waiting and the squishy seating. Thanks mom for coming with us, I couldn't have done it alone.

Logan checking out the pigeons before we headed home.

This is one of Jacob's favourite places to stand these days. He can see me in the kitchen and the world outside all at once. Logan joined him the other morning, it was cute.

Logan testing out a new sprinkler I picked up.

4 comments:

Julie said...

So Cute!!! thank you for sharing!! So are the Doodlebops any good for Moms and Dads or are they a kid craze?

grandma said...

I like the Doodlebops - they are lots of fun and high energy.
Hey Rachel - you got a wrong name on one of the pics - or maybe you put in the wrong pic of the pigeons?

Sarah (Creen) Benn said...

OMG, the Mr. Dress-up tree house!! How did you not pose with it???

Aunt Pamela said...

is the mr. dressup treehouse the REAL one?? cuz if so that's so cool, same with the tickle trunk!! that' so funny cuz we were just talking about mr. dressup today at work! ha!!

mom was telling me about how much fun logan had at the doodlebops, that's so awesome that you got to go. i bet logan was super cute.

hey, when are you coming to vancouver?! :)