Friday, August 22, 2008

Fun Friday

The weather was so nice today! It's getting pretty hot here again. I've been feeling a bit stir crazy in the house this week so even though Scott worked this afternoon pouring concrete, I managed to get the car and Logan and I headed to the Lions Lagoon at Waterloo park for a bit this afternoon. Pretty much it's a giant splash pad with lots of water.

Logan wasn't too sure at first but quickly warmed up and loved the water that was shooting everywhere. Even though he's not really mobile he still had fun sitting in puddles of water and letting the water pour down on his head...he had a great time. Since I was on my own I wasn't able to take any pictures of him actually playing in the water but here are a few others from the day. Next time I'll take Scott with me so we can get some more pictures of him in the water.

Taking a break to have some water...he can do the sippy cup on his own now!

Hanging out in the shade

Mommy and Logan

After our fun in the water, we got a popsicle while at the park. Logan thoroughly enjoyed his half and would have loved it if I let him hold it!



When we got home Logan had a nice long (and late nap) and when he woke up it was pretty much dinner time. Since he had woken up so much later than usual, we were able to head out to a bbq at Chris and Jen's for a little bit. Even though it started at 7pm (Logan's normal bedtime), we were able to stay for a decent visit with everyone (I forgot my camera though).

Since Logan went to bed so much later than usual tonight, maybe he'll sleep in tomorrow......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the first picture on this post, it's sooo cute.
i can't wait to see you guys again!

Rachel said...

Yeah, I love that one too! Are you coming home soon?

Anonymous said...

ohh, i just realized now that you have written back, i'll have to check all my comments now!
i don't know, probably not until november.....