Monday, August 4, 2008

Busy Long Weekend

(I tried to post this last night, but I couldn't get any pictures uploaded...I didn't know what the point of a post was without pictures!)

So it's been a while since I last posted...oops. I never promised to be a regular poster. Last week was pretty normal, there wasn't much to chat about, we had a great weekend though!

Friday

I love Fridays! Scott only works until 1pm on Fridays, so it's a short day for Logan and I. After lunch, we took Logan outside for a "swim" in his little pool. He loves it so much and was amused for a very long time just splashing and drinking the pool water. Scott and I just sat in chairs with our feet in the pool, it was such a nice afternoon!

Enjoying the nice day

Even Cheeto liked being outside

Saturday

Since Kelly and Adam couldn't make it to our BBQ last weekend (and since it had been forever and a day since we saw them last), they came over for a visit and dinner. They were so thoughtful and brought Logan a new toy (which he liked a lot better today Kelly, he didn't cry when it made noise). We had a great dinner outside and a nice chat and visit after Logan went to bed. It was fun catching up.

Sunday

We went to church on Sunday morning and then headed to Norwich after the service. Finally we made it there on a nice day and were able to take a swim in mom and dad's pool. Again, Logan showed his love for swimming. I'm glad that we were able to make it there at least once this summer for a swim. We had a couple nice meals and a good visit too.

Monday

Today we went grocery shopping this morning and then over to Scott's mom and dad's for dinner. Logan had a GREAT nap this afternoon (He has finally begun to understand and appreciate the beauty of a long nap. It's been a long 9, almost 10, months without decent naps and trust me, anything over an hour is now heavenly...today he went 1 hour and 45 minutes!) so we headed to New Hamburg after his nap.

Logan took a ride in a wagon which he really liked. He loves to hold on when he is in things; his carseat, the stroller, a swing, pretty much anything that moves so he loved the wagon and being able to hold on.

Scott's mom recently bought a battery powered bike so Scott took it for a little spin. We put Logan on the back too, he liked it! He'll be ready to ride on the back of his grandpa's motorcycle in no time!

Tomorrow is Tuesday and Scott goes back to work :( not for long though since we're heading to Music Camp on Saturday for a week of holidays. It's been a number of years since I've been to camp and I'm totally looking forward to being there and introducing Scott and Logan to camp. I'll try and blog again before we go otherwise it'll be a REALLY long time before I get around to posting again.

No comments: