Monday, August 25, 2008

Another Busy Weekend

The weekends go by so fast!

A while ago, Scott and I picked out a new paint colour for our bedroom so we decided to finally start painting. We got about half the room painted and hope to get the other half done this week. We're also going to put on new base at some point and maybe crown molding at the ceiling. Projects like this certainly take longer now that we've got Logan around as well!

Here's a "before" picture of the bedroom. We've already taken out most of the furniture at this point so it looks rather bare. When we finally finish the room, I'll take the "after" pics and post them.

On Saturday the three of us headed to Uptown Waterloo for the annual Busker Festival. It was a VERY hot day so we didn't stay too long but we managed to see a couple acts. Logan was pretty hot but I think he enjoyed some of what he saw.

Yesterday we headed to Norwich to spend the day with my family. My brother Scott led the service (including doing the sermon!) at his church since the regular pastor was away. He did a great job! He led a couple worship songs from the piano, did the children's story, a prayer and the sermon, it was a busy morning for him but a great job. Logan must have really enjoyed the songs that his Uncle Scott led because he was bouncing around in Daddy's arms to teh beat of the music.

We headed back to my parents place for lunch and then visited. My Grandma was there as well as Aunt Sandy, Uncle Ross, Andrew and Michael and Andrea, it was good afternoon. Logan took a great nap at my parent's place and then he woke up and played the piano for us a bit. Actually, it seemed as though EVERYONE wanted a chance to play the piano but Logan liked it.

"Look mom! I'm sight reading!"

Deep in concentration

My brother Scott heads off to the University of Windsor for his first year there next week. I think he's pretty excited to get back to school and on with the next stage in his life. Have fun Scott!

Logan and his Uncle Scott

We made it home from Norwich in time to have dinner here at home last night. We had one pretty over ripe banana left so I gave Logan the whole thing. He's never had a whole banana at once before, he wasn't too sure what to do at first but he got into it for sure.

Hey, this is kind of fun!

Now it's Monday...Logan and I don't have too many plans this week. Probably just a lot of hanging out at home.


No comments: