Friday, August 26, 2011

Food Waste Friday - I Failed

Every week, The Frugal Girl encourages her readers to take pictures of their food waste of the week. This should help us to become more accountable regarding our waste and help us save fod and money!

Grapes that went moldy, an uneaten hamburger, and yogurt tahini dip that got lost in the fridge.

This is not a good week for me. I haven't wasted food like this in a while! Scott said that the hamburger would still be good to eat but he didn't take it for lunch today so I think that's a prime indicator that it's no good. I'm not sure how we missed eating this earlier in the week!

Those grapes should have made it into some of my Tupperware Fridgesmart but they didn't and thus rotted within a week.

The dip. Well I tried to use it other than with the falafel that it was made for, but it just didn't happen. I think next time I'll try and make less of it.

Going to try much harder next week! How was YOUR food waste this week?

2 comments:

Care Free Jen said...

Bummer...but there is always next week, right? Seems like I always end up with a few bad grapes before we finish them. It is almost like I am destined to waste 10% or something. The grapes always seem so tasty when I bring them home and then almost overnight they get wrinkly and squishy. Better luck next week!

grandma said...

Haven't looked in the fridge yet! :-) I seem to always waste something. I will try this out and see how I do!