Monday, October 25, 2010

Photography Class

My photography class is now over. It was a short 8 week introduction to using our cameras. He quite a bit of theory and showed us how to use our cameras properly and out of the "automatic function". I've learned a lot and still have more to learn but when I DO get a good picture I'm happy that I spent the time learning. The more I practice, the better I will get.

There is a follow up class that teaches more advanced application of the skills that we have learned. After I practice some more, I will likely take this course as well

We took a field trip to Uptown Waterloo a couple of weeks ago where we learned to shoot night time shots, it was chilly, but fun!

My shot of the moon!

We were at the top of a 6 story parking garage so we were able to get some cool shots.

These cranes looked like they were almost touching the clouds!

My attempt at being artistic...

A train coming through.

King Street at night.

We all took some pictures into our last class to share. The following ones are ones that I took that the instructor commented on.

This one is hard to see without zooming in. But I did good job of blurring out the background so that you could really see the spider and it's web.

I was trying to focus on Logan in this shot and blur out the backbut got he opposite effect, it looks cool though.

A neat shot of the sky.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

looking great Rachel!

I love the pic of the moon, and King St at night. That's something I'd definitely like to learn about, taking pictures at night.

Looking forward to more awesome pics!

grandma said...

Great pics, Rachel!

shealyn said...

woah Rach! those are impressive...especially the moon one!

Scott said...

Great pictures Rachel! I love the one of King Street!