Monday, March 29, 2010

Thanks Aunt Pamela!

Today the boys got a package in the mail from their Aunt Pamela. I decided to leave it for Logan to open up after his nap since the time from the end of his nap until daddy gets home can be long some days.

You might not believe it (I wouldn't if I hadn't of been here) but Logan napped for 3.5 hours today! Yes, really, it's true. I think that this is the longest nap he has EVER taken. I can probably even count the number of 3 hour naps on one hand. So by the time he woke up, I was itching for him to open it up.

He was pretty excited when I handed it to him as he loves mail. So he tore into it, found the card which he quickly opened to find stickers inside. Then on to the rest, something for Logan and something for Jacob.

Logan got an Elmo photo album filled with pictures of him, him and Pamela and some other family members. He loves it! One of his favourite things to do these days is look at photo albums, specifically of pictures of himself. Another favourite is Elmo.

You hit the jackpot Aunt Pamela! Here are some pictures of him enjoying his new gift. I tried to get one of his face, but he wouldn't look up!

Studying the pictures carefully.

Turing the pages to see what's next.

Leaning in for a closer look.

He was saying, "I see Logan. I see Aunt Pamela. I see Jacob." (When he sees pictures of himself from when he was younger, he often thinks they are pictures of Jacob).

When he sees pictures of the whole family, like the one above, he says, "There's everybody."

Jacob sat patiently on my lap while Logan opened the parcel, looked at his photo album and then moved on to take a look at the new teething toy that Jacob got. Once Logan went back to his pictures, I took Jacob aside to let him check out the toy for himself. It's a hit!

Feels good on the gums.

I feel like he's asking to see himself on the display on the camera to see if the picture is any good, haha.

Thanks!

We really appreciate it Pamela, thanks for thinking of us. Have fun on your trip! We'll see you very soon!

4 comments:

grandma said...

Were there any blank pages? If not, I think I have learned to put my pics in a smaller album so we don't have talk endlessly about "buying more pictures". LOL

Rachel said...

Nope, no blank pages. I think this shows that yes, a smaller, full album is the best option!

Aunt Pamela said...

oh i'm so happy logan was excited for it....and that he knows me by picture!! that was the point!! :D:D:D

happy easter logan and jacob!

Rachel said...

Oh yes, he knows you. He calls you "WaWa". Haha.