Sunday, June 26, 2011

Father's Day 2011


Scott has always wanted to go to the Butterfly Conservatory. I have had absolutely no interest in going since I'm terrified of birds, butterflies and generally things that flap their wings and fly. He's been planning to take the boys but it never seems to work out. So for Father's Day this year, I took one for the team and we all went together. My heart raced for most of the time we were there but I did survive and I'm pretty sure the male folk in my family loved it.

Jacob checks out the bees before we head in.

A butterfly snacking on an orange.

Looking up...there was so much to see.

There were birds everywhere.

I must admit that butterflies are pretty. It was a great place to take pictures. I got a few good ones...I probably would have gotten more if I wasn't so scared of them landing on me.

The 3 guys

A nice looking yellow and black one.

I have no idea what's up with the kids expressions. They just wouldn't smile.

One landed on Scott's back!


Checking out what butterfly wings feel like.

Logan was DESPERATE for one to land on him.

It looks like one is on him in this shot but it was just flying around him. One did land on him eventually but he didn't notice and moved his arm before I could tell him.

Standing so still in hopes for a landing.

A nice waterfall.

They were quite intrigued.

Examining a butterfly close up.

Feeling pretty annoyed that the butterflies won't land on him.

Scott took this one.

Once we survived the butterflies, we headed to Waterloo Park to check out the animals and for a picnic lunch. We came home for naps and then had a yummy steak dinner outside.

Scott sporting his new haircut at his Father's Day dinner.

Jacob enjoying a freezie.

Logan's "cheese" face.

2 comments:

Grandpa said...

I'm proud of you for going Rachel, what a great gift and vivid memories :)

grandma said...

Way to go, my daughter who doesn't take after me! lol What a lovely thing to do for your "boys". Great pics - Jacob looks so old in these pics.