Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Beautiful Day!

Today I had the windows open! It was so nice to have the fresh air in the house and to hear the water rushing through the eaves troughs and down the driveway. Spring IS coming! (After 10cm of snow tomorrow...)

Today my mom came and took the boys out for the day. The went to Funworx and then to see The Lego Movie. They had a great day with Grandma and were still talking about it when they went to bed. Thanks mom!
Everyone getting in on Grandma's texting.

 My friend Alicia introduced me to the world's best chocolate chip cookie recipe about a year ago. This recipe creates the softest, chewiest cookies, they are SO good!

They are also super quick to make!
My baker in training.
Apparently Logan was playing dress up while we were baking.
Alicia is due to have a baby any day now and so she's been on my mind often. When zucchini was on sale at the grocery store on Monday I picked up a couple to make a chocolate zucchini loaf that I know she loves.

He's still helping!
The finished loaves and a few cookies in the background.
While we are talking about Alicia, you should check out her Etsy shop, The Mint Tree, and "like" her on Facebook. She's taking a bit of a break now while she waits for the baby to arrive but she still has a few things listed. We love her stuff!

1 comment:

grandma said...

I always seem to miss out on the baking sessions! lol
I had such a wonderful time with the boys - I miss seeing more of them when I come to visit each week.
You are a good friend, Rachel and a great mommy!