Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Cookies

 I don't really like sugar cookies usually since I find them to be quite tasteless and too crunchy for my liking; but, I found a sugar cookie recipe that claimed to make soft sugar cookies. So I gave it a try.The recipe said it would make 5 dozen cookies. I thought this would be good as I'd be able to give some away, send some to work with Scott and still have some left over.

Here's the recipe I used, Soft White Cookies.

Maybe I made mine thinner than the recipe called for, or smaller...but it made a few more than 5 dozen.

This isn't all of them...I think I got about 10 dozen!
Then we got to the fun of decorating them!

Jacob tries his hand at decorating.

But really, he prefers to just eat!

Happy guy.
Scott did the icing...

Logan did the sprinkling!
Happy Valentines Day!

3 comments:

grandma said...

There should be enough there to save a couple for Grandpa and me! Yum!

Aunt Pamela said...

yummy!! too bad they would probably get smushed in the mail!

looks like you guys had fun decorating!

shealyn said...

looks like a really fun time! what a great idea.