Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Beautiful Day for a Walk

Finally it was a nice day! There was very little wind yesterday morning, the temperature was above zero and the sun was shining. Jacob took an usually long nap this morning so by the time he got up, the rest of us were chomping at the bit to get outside.

Logan munching on an icicle while waiting to head out.

Walking down the sidewalk with Daddy. Look at how little snow there was!

Running towards the playground.

It's been quite a while since we've been out for a walk where it's been warm enough to get out and play at the playground. The last time we did this, Jacob was still so young and didn't even make it out of the stroller. Today I brought him out so he could see and watch Logan playing.

Seeing what it's like outside the stroller.

In the swing for the first time. I think he liked it but it was so sunny out that he didn't really look like he was having much fun.

"Um mom, this is fun but it's pretty bright out here!"

Brothers swinging together.

Big brother Logan in the swing. (This might have been one of Logan's last times in the baby swing. He got pretty stuck on the way out. Luckily Scott and I were both there to get him out!)

In comparison, here's Logan, his first time in the swing. This picture was taken on February 2, 2008. Logan would have been just about 4 months old. I always though that Logan had a big head, but Jacob grew out of the green hat that Logan is wearing in this picture a long time ago...maybe Jacob has a big head too?

Scott and I don't make it onto the blog very often. I'm usually behind the camera and Scott isn't home during the day. Today I tired to take some more pictures of us...Scott was happy to pose.

Walking over the bridge to go down the slide with Logan.

This picture is a bit far away but he was holding himself up on the bars. After I took the picture he said "I should be in gymnastics". Haha.

I guess he likes having his picture taken. :) What a beautiful blue sky behind him.

As Logan ran around and played I realized how badly I can't wait for the spring! It will be so nice to be able to get outside every day to burn off energy!

His favourite slide!

Coming down to the bottom!

Jacob and I.

Jacob lying down in the sunshine.

Yesterday's hopeful sign of spring...the snow slowly melting away. Too bad it's been snowing almost all day today...I'm sure there are no bare patches anymore.

Scott pushing the stroller.

He looks pretty comfortable, eh?

Last night my mom came to stay with the boys so Scott and I could go out for dinner. We left after I put Jacobd own for the night and spent a couple of hours out together. It was nice to have a quiet and hot meal. Thanks Bubba!

1 comment:

grandma said...

I am liking all the pictures! My grandboys are so adorable!