Thursday, December 3, 2009

Still Not Much Going On....

So not much has been happening in the last week but I have managed to get some pictures to post.

Logan found these oven mitts in the Christmas box and ran around with them on for a long time. He actually was much happier than the picture shows...

Scott's parents came by for a visit on Saturday. Here's Jacob with Grandma Miller. (Logan took an early nap that day for some reason and slept through most of their visit).

Jacob with Grandpa Miller and his new piggy bank.

On Sunday we attended the baptism of our friend's twins, William and Emma. It was a nice service and we were then able to join them after church for lunch.

Logan listening intently.

For some reason, my camera doesn't take very clear pictures in their church. This is a great shot anyways of Emma being baptized.

And one of William too.

We're still trying to get out of the house as much as we can before the snow flies but we're also finding more ways to stay entertained at home too. Logan is getting much better at playing with his toys both by himself and with me. Right now one of his FAVOURITE things to do is read books. We read SO many books in a day, we could never have enough books, I don't think.

Some other highlights for Logan include; checking the mail (still has an obsession with the mail man), setting the table, being the first one to greet Jacob when he wakes up; having naked time and bath time.

Working on some Christmas crafts.

Jacob had a doctor's appointment yesterday to receive the second half of his 2 month vaccination. He weighed in at 9lbs 15.5oz. Still far from being a heavyweight but he's happy and healthy.

Playing with his toys this morning.

Just today I noticed Jacob reaching for and purposely batting at the toys hanging from his playmat. He gets a very determined look on his face as he tries to reach them, it's pretty cute.

Still trying to get a decent picture of the two of them...

This afternoon Logan helped me make dinner. He wanted to taste everything. So he had raw sweet potato (or orange potato as he calls it), a piece of red onion, a taste of BBQ sauce, maple syrup, apple juice, chili powder and cinnamon. He loved it all...or at least said YUM after each taste.

Look mom, orange potato!

Trying out the onion.

Tomorrow we're hoping to get our Christmas tree. It will definitely be a muddy experience which will be "fun" with Logan but I'm hoping it doesn't rain on us! Pictures to follow soon.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Nice Sweaters Grandma and Grandpa Miller!

I can't believe how little Jacob still is, one of my friends on Facebook has a baby who just turned 1 month and he just weighed in at 11lbs7oz!

I still love the pictures, I tell you every time, but I really do.

I am putting my tree up tomorrow too, sadly it won't be a real one though! But I'll think of you guys decorating your tree!!

Grandpa Dolson said...

Logan must get his adventurous eating spirit from me :)

Sarah (Creen) Benn said...

Logan likes to read too, that's great, that'll give him a good start in education!!

Thanks for the pictures of the baptism, I love how Hannah is close by looking so attentive. What a good big sister!