Sunday, December 14, 2008

Quiet Weekend at Home

In anticipation of the upcoming busyness of the holidays, we were lucky to be able to have a nice quiet weekend at home. We had a few things to do but for the most part we were able to just hang out inside.

On Friday night my mom came over to watch Logan while Scott and I went to his work Christmas party. Logan had a good time with my mom and went down to sleep without any problems for her. This was only the second time someone other than Scott or I have put him to bed, so that's a great success! The only other time was back in May when Scott took me to see Dirty Dancing for my birthday. Mom got Logan to sleep eventually but I think she would agree that this past Friday was much more successful.

The Christmas party was a good time - it was at the Flying Dog which brought back some pretty good memories for me of my university days!

On Saturday we went out to the mall to have Logan's picture taken with Santa Claus. He'd had a couple of experiences with Santa so far that were ok, so we thought we'd give the mall a try. He didn't cry but he wasn't really that impressed either.

Here he is with his typical "serious" face (it's poor quality because I scanned it from the original)

For comparison sake, here he is last year with Santa.

That was all the excitement of Saturday, really. We ran some other errands trying to finish up Christmas shopping and just hung around the house. I did get some Christmas baking done after Logan went to bed, I still want to do a bit more but I got a good chunk of it done.

Logan spent most of Saturday pushing his "car" around the house. He isn't walking on his own yet, but he spends close to all his awake time trying. His "car" goes pretty fast on our hardwood floors, it's funny to watch him keep up as he walks/runs behind.

Today (Sunday) was more of the same. We did make it to church this morning and Logan made it through the whole service in the nursery! He did cry when we dropped him off but the report was that he was quiet happy for the rest of the time playing with the toys and the other kids. We were pretty happy that he made it through the service, hopefully it will continue to go well.

We spent this afternoon hanging out at home again. We had planned to head over to Waterloo Park with Cindy and Behrouz to take a look at the lights tonight, but that plan was rained out. Hopefully we'll be able to reschedule sometime soon!

Anyways, here are some pictures of our afternoon.

"Walking" with the stroller.

Logan is starting early in terms of "hogging the remote".

I thought this was pretty funny. Logan climbed in this basket and got a little stuck. I guess it was smaller than he thought.

Scott spent some time pulling Logan around the rec room on a blanket. It was quite a hit.

Whee!

That's all for tonight...


No comments: