Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas (belated)

So I'm a few days behind...we've a had a busy few days of Christmas celebrations around here...I'll begin the catch up now.

After we had spent the day in Norwich for Christmas, we returned home and went back to work. My mom came on Monday as usual and watched Logan as Scott and I headed to work. Tuesday was much of the same with Logan going to daycare and me only working a half day! Logan got a nice gift from Sherry, his daycare provider and said good-bye to her and the other kids as I'm off work until January 5 so he'll get to spend the time at home with me!

Scott was meant to go into work on Wednesday but a fever kept him home that day - it was probably for the best though since we got totally dumped on. I did as much shovelling as I could but was thankful that Scott was feeling better and was able to help to shovel out the mess at the end of the driveway...if not, I might still be out there!

Scott had to walk across the front yard to rescue this tree that had bent over from the weight of all the snow on it! You can see that the snow was up to his knees.

Logan and I ran a few errands picking up a few groceries and some pictures and spent the rest of the day being lazy at home.

Here's Logan "helping" me bring in the groceries...I guess I didn't latch the door behind me and he escaped onto the snow covered porch.

After dinner we got changed and ready to head out to church. I thought this would be a good chance to try and get a good family Christmas picture. We didn't get a great one...here are some of the outtakes. All I can say is thank goodness for digital cameras!


Here's Logan standing in front of the tree....it's impossible to get him to pose these days.

Our church did a great Christmas Ever service. We sang lots of carols and watched some dramas. Since there was no nursery, Logan was with us for the service, he did pretty well, he just got restless during the quick sermon. All the other kids were getting restless as well...so we weren't the only ones. Logan really enjoyed the carols and danced and clapped along to all the songs. He also "sang" along. Often when music is playing or a bunch of people are singing, Logan opens and closes his mouth; like he is mouthing the words to the song. I really think that he thinks he is "singing" like the rest of us...it's really cute.

After church we came home and got Logan into his new Christmas pyjamas before bed. He had no idea what would happen the next morning but I think he was pretty excited to be taking so many pictures before bed. Here are his cute pjs.

After Logan went to bed Santa stuffed his stocking and then headed off to bed ourselves.

Logan's stuffed stocking.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: