Monday, April 25, 2011

Jacob: First Haircut

So the time finally came for Jacob's first haircut; April 21, 2011. He, Logan and I headed to the kid's haircutting place and I was hoping and praying that it would go better than Logan's first hair cut...especially since I didn't have Scott there as back up.

We got there and they were running behind, as usual, so the kids played. I managed to snap a few "before" pictures of Jacob's hair.

While a decent mullet was developing in the back, it was quite long in the front as well.

I thought the little wisps were pretty cute!

When it was his turn, Logan helped me pick out a movie for Jacob to watch (we selected the Wiggles) and then we took him over to the seat (a car) to put him in. This was the beginning of the end. As soon as I tried to put him in he grabbed on to me and started screaming at the top of his lungs. I eventually got him in and buckled up and the lady just started going at his hair. It wasn't pretty.

He held his blanket and had his soother but neither were providing much relief.

I only got these two pictures because I needed to be holding his head at least a bit still for her.

Bless the woman who cut his hair. I know it's her job and that she cuts kid's hair but really; my kid gave her a run for her money. I was hot and sweaty when it was over, I can only imagine how she was feeling.

It wasn't until we got him out of the chair and gave him a balloon that he finally calmed down. She tried to get a picture of him for his "Baby's First Haircut" certificate but he kept turning away from her.

With his new do and balloon. (He's pretty hairy because we didn't even try to put the cape thing on him...)

Hiding behind his balloon.

A shot once we got back home.

The hair cut is super cute, he definitely needed it. But hopefully the hair will grow back slowly so that it's a while before we have to go back again!

4 comments:

Grandpa said...

YAY Jacob, let your hair grow now :)

grandma said...

Poor little guy! He sure looks cute now though!

Aunt Pamela said...

So odd that they both freaked out so much!! I wonder if we did that....

Shea said...

i love the mohawk! super cute!