Saturday, May 30, 2009

Daddy's Helper, Bug Lover & Big Boy

The weather turned out to be pretty nice in the early afternoon so we spent some time in the backyard. We did a bit of weeding but mostly just watched and were entertained by Logan.

Logan really likes to help these days. He likes to know what you're doing and always wants to do it with you. He followed Scott around the yard for quite a while this afternoon "helping".

Helping ot fill the watering can.

Helping to put more sand in the sandbox.

Helping to put the extra sand in the shed.

We have all these weird caterpillars in our backyard, I'm not sure what they are, hopefully they aren't a bad kind. Anyways, Logan found a bunch of them today and really like them. First he was just petting them as Scott held them, then he liked them on his own hand, then he picked them up and carried them all around the yard.

Logan's new friend.

A close up...anyone know what that is?

Unfortunately, the caterpillar did meet it's demise. Logan lugged it all around and eventually squeezed a bit too hard! At one point he almost pulled in it half! We'll have to try and teach him to be a bit more gentle...

In the last little while, Logan hasn't really wanted to spend much time in the backyard, but today he really enjoyed it, here are a few more pictures that I took.

A serious shot.

Playing in the sandbox.

Just lounging around.

A big milestone around here tonight as well! As I type, Logan is asleep in his big boy bed! I've been wanting to make the transition soon so there was lots of time before the new baby came but I must admit I have been stalling. Tonight when Logan was playing before his bath, he kept getting into the big bed and lying down. So I thought, maybe he's ready and we should just give it a shot. We did our regular bedtime routine, laid him down and walked out. He cried...I went back upstairs. He was still in his bed but sitting up. He was just scared I think. I sat with him for a bit longer, sang another song and laid him back down....he made a few more noises but has been quiet for almost an hour now! I know there's still the whole night ahead of us, but this is a good start. (ALthough I'm most worried about the morning since he wakes up so early and the crib was good at keeping him contained...)

His new bed...the blankets were already pulled back when I took the picture. We also have a few more things to hang on the walls still.

Dresser/change table and bookshelf (still have some things to bring from his other room, but this was kind of a last minute decision so we just brought over what we needed)

Poor Sigmund...Sigmund has been using this room like her own since we finished it. I seriously think that she was under the impression that it was just for her!

Ready for his big night!

Sound asleep :)

Although I wanted to get him moved and I know we needed to, I can't believe he's out of the crib. It makes him seem so much older! I'll post again tomorrow (hopefully) to let you know how the night goes!

1 comment:

grandma said...

The caterpille(a?)r looks like a tent caterpiller to me. Look up and see if you can see any webs starting in your trees.
My dad used to cut them out and burn them.
All cute pics - he is a sweetie!