Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Flashback: Oktoberfest Parade

On Thanksgiving Monday, we attended the annual Oktoberfest Parade. We've managed to do this each year since Logan was born so it's actually becoming a family tradition! A pretty good accomplishment too since the parade starts at 8:30am and you typically need to be there an hour early to get a good place to sit!

I volunteered to go sit on the sit of the street for an hour while Scott tended to the kids. In my mind, sitting on the street in quiet vs. taking the kids for breakfast was by far the better choice. Scott dropped me off at 7:30am and I quickly noticed that the sidewalks were already very full. I quickly grabbed a spot and settled in.

It was a BEAUTIFUL morning! Warm, bright, sunny.

Just up the street from where I was sitting.

Ok, so it was a little boring.

They arrived! (I took 5 pictures, this was the best one, haha).

It seemed to take forever to start. They must have looked up the street a million times.

Posing for the camera.

Cutie

I like this funny face.

Something must have been loud.

Pointing and making his "seagull" noise at something.

Logan loved the bands. He started clapping and tapping his foot every time one came by.

I don't know if it was the great weather or the ages of the kids but the parade flew by. It was about 2 hours long but you'd never know it. We loved the whole thing!

1 comment:

grandma said...

What a great family tradition!